[Edu-sig] Natural Language Programming

Arthur_Siegel@rsmi.com Arthur_Siegel@rsmi.com
Sun, 14 Jan 2001 09:33:34 -0600

Kirby wrote -

>I don't have any lines or planes of so-called "infinite"
>extent.  Having those would be challenging, and I think
>you've done that in PyGeo somehow.

What has been particularly challenging is having the
visual being sufficiently suggestive of what is going
on analytically.  Your can't really *draw* an infinite
plane in 3d space without mucking up the screen.

You have to suggest this oriented square is really
a visual symbol for an infinite plane in space.  So even
working purely visually one is still in the realm of
creating a symbolic language of a kind. Sort of
interesting.

ART