[Edu-sig] Re: Intro to Crypto (Python, kid/beginner focus)

Kirby Urner urner@alumni.Princeton.EDU
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 12:55:10 -0800

Kirby Urner <urner@alumni.princeton.edu> wrote:

>A lot of the background reading is on the web pages
>linked from the URL below, which contains mostly
>Python source code.

Actually, not any more -- I've just upgraded this
page (*) to contain a better narrative:code ratio.
It's actually quite readable now, with most of
the source code kept in the back, for those wanting
to read it (and/or copy/execute it).

This is one of several web pages from the Oregon
Curriculum Network, developed in part to assist
homeschoolers with math-related curriculum. But
I'm not exclusively so focussed (e.g. my own
daughter goes to a public school, and I'm thinking
of her and her peers just as much -- went over
there recently to install Python for the iMac).

The Python aspect wasn't part of this site at the
outset -- although using *some* computer language
always was.  I came to Python late in my game, and
quickly recognized it for having the key features
I was looking for in a teaching language, chiefly
a command line interface (CLI) and an easy way
of implementing many of the object-oriented
programming concepts (OO).

Kirby

* http://www.inetarena.com/~pdx4d/ocn/clubhouse.html