[Edu-sig] Stop the insanity -- no more case sensitivity discussion!

Tim Peters tim_one@email.msn.com
Mon, 7 Feb 2000 01:42:09 -0500

[Guido]
> Now, let's go back to our educational focus...

Hmm.  I'm not sure how to tell a relevant topic from noise.  The thing that
makes Usenet unbearable at times is a combination of flame wars and endless
meta-discussion (like my very post here, for which I apologize even as I
write it <0.3 wink>).  Case-sensitivity is neither of those; its role seemed
entirely on-topic, and it was particularly interesting to see informed
challenges to the oft-cited Alice position on this.

OK:  I've found a foolproof way to tell the difference.  A topic that
*seems* appropriate *is* -- until Guido sends a msg with "no more!" in the
subject line <wink>.

hundreds-of-people-thousands-of-opinions-ly y'rs  - tim