[Edu-sig] The annotated walky-talky

Gordon Worley orla_redbird@crosswinds.net
Sun, 9 Apr 2000 20:35:09 -0400

At Sat, 8 Apr 2000 19:01:44 -0400, Arthur Siegel wrote:

Sorry for the successive posts.  But I'm a little pumped about an
effort at a very annotated (but executable) version of David Sherer's
walky-talky. Again, I'm doing it with my son in mind. Thought I'd
put it up in  progress, and hope for some feedback. Can't go further
anyway until I understand the socket stuff better myself:
<<<

[code snip]

I would suggest that, in the future, you use multiline comments
rather than putting a # at the start of each comment line.  This is
not obvious, and I doubt that it is docuemnted anywhere other than
actual code, but multiline comments can be accomplished like this:

"""
some
multi
line
comment
"""

print "Code goes here"

So, just use tripple quotes and all will be good.  This makes it much
easier to edit multiline comments and makes them more readable since
the # isn't distracting attention at the start of each line.
--
- Gordon Worley
http://www.rbisland.cx/