[Distutils] Making pip and PyPI work with conda packages

Chris Barker chris.barker at noaa.gov
Sun May 17 01:09:03 CEST 2015

On Sat, May 16, 2015 at 3:03 PM, Donald Stufft <donald at stufft.io> wrote:

> There are a few other benefits, but that’s not anything that are inherent
> in the two different approaches, it’s just things that conda has that pip
> is planning on getting,

Huh? I"'m confused -- didn't we just have a big thread about how pip+wheel
probably ISN'T going to handle shared libs -- that those are exactly what
conda packages do provide -- aside from R and Erlange, anyway :-)

but it's not the packages in this case that we need -- it's the environment
-- and I can't see how pip is going to provide a conda environment....

-Chris

--

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov