[Distutils] Issues with Buildout 2.2.0 and a few other questions

Nathaniel Manista nathaniel at google.com
Sat Jul 13 00:58:25 CEST 2013

Hey Buildout Folks-
    I'm the lead of the Melange project <http://code.google.com/p/soc/> and
we've hit two issues with the recent Buildout release. The first is the
setuptools version problem described
here<http://mail.python.org/pipermail/distutils-sig/2013-July/021447.html>,
and the second is the node problem described
here<https://github.com/gawel/gp.recipe.node/issues/12>
.
    I see that a package upgrade is the recommended solution to the first
problem, but that's not necessarily easy in our case as we've got a mix of
corporate machines and academic machines and otherwise managed platforms -
is there anything like a list of supported platforms for Buildout 2.2.0? Is
Buildout fully supported on Ubuntu 12.04 (the most recent long-term support
release of Ubuntu)? Are there known and unsupported incompatibilities on
Ubuntu 12.04? Does Buildout maintain a list of supported platforms and
configurations?
    Is the Buildout team aware of the second (node) issue?
    In looking for my own answers to these questions, I came across some
issues on the buildout.org site. This
link<http://www.buildout.org/en/latest/_static/img/plone_logo.png>on
the front
page <http://buildout.org> appears broken, and the latest documentation