[Distutils] unable to upload to pypi

Alan Franzoni mailing at franzoni.eu
Wed Jul 27 15:34:39 CEST 2011

On Wed 27 Jul 2011 02:34:03 PM CEST, Zvezdan Petkovic wrote:
> In short, the order is important:
>
> 	1. build a source distribution
> 	2. register
> 	3. upload

I'd object that. I've always used register without creating a source
dist; the data used for registering just comes from the setup.py file
AFAIK.

I've tried downloading the .tar.gz and using its setup.py, I got this
error:

running register
running check
Registering Matalg to http://pypi.python.org/pypi
Server response (400): Invalid classifier "Development Status ::
Release 0.1.0"

Take a look at those, you should use those values as classifier, I was
able to register Matalg without issues (I'll now delete it)

http://pypi.python.org/pypi?%3Aaction=list_classifiers