[Distutils] Access to Python config info

John Skaller skaller@maxtal.com.au
Fri, 25 Dec 1998 01:55:58 +1000

>Can you send around a URL to the interscript online doc?

        Yes, but I should say that it has been cited many times,
it exists on the www.python.org home page in the 'news' list,
and it is in comp.lang.python.announce.

        http://www.triode.net.au/~skaller/interscript

is the home page.

>And when you
>refer to it, could you please cite a more specific reference? Call it a
>character flaw, but I'm not going to just blindly go read a bunch of
>doc. A concrete reference helps (me, at least) provide some
>focus/structure to why I'm there reading the thing in the first place.

        I agree, but I want to apologise profusely that I am not
able to do this easily at the moment. firstly, my working
copy is not the same as the one on the Internet, and secondly
the HTML pages are all numbered at the moment, and the numbers
are arbitrary and will change completely with every build
i do that adds or removes even a single heading.
[There are over 500 pages]

        I am addressing this problem, but at the moment
the best I can do is usually to say 'read the section about
XXX'. The table of contents is not small, but it should
guide finding relevant information quickly.
John Skaller    email: skaller@maxtal.com.au
		http://www.maxtal.com.au/~skaller
		phone: 61-2-96600850
		snail: 10/1 Toxteth Rd, Glebe NSW 2037, Australia