[DB-SIG] Popy - Psycopg - PyPgSQL - PyGreSQL

Jekabs Andrushaitis jekabs.andrusaitis@tietoenator.com
Tue, 1 Oct 2002 10:45:59 +0200

I am using psycopg module to access PostgreSQL in Python.
It is fast, is DBAPI-2.0 compliant, I have never encountered any bugs
or glitches.

I am using it for couple intranet sites in my company, and it has never
failed me. The environment it works in is Apache, mod_python, Python,
psycopg and PostgreSQL for completely dynamic sites with about 10000
requests served daily.

I am not saying that it is best, however my advice is not to use Python
module supplied with PostgreSQL sources...

Jekabs Andrushaitis
Senior system analyst
TietoEnator Financial Solutions
41 Lacplesa Str.