[DB-SIG] Integer Problems working with Python/mxODBC and MS SQL Server 7

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Fri, 05 Apr 2002 16:03:06 +0200

ojaeger@psipenta.com wrote:

> Hello,
>
> currently I'm trying to access MSSQL 7 on WinNT from Python 2.1 on an Linux 2.4
> (Debian) machine (python 2.1.2/mxODBC 2.0.4/ unixODBC/ FreeTDS 0.53 Driver).
> Everything works fine, exept that any query of integer values presents strange
> results. I use the FreeTDS ODBC driver with protocol version 7.0.
>
> Here's what happens:

>    (8,0232304319377730,)
> >>>

> The value I expected to receive is 56819 and the datafield in SQL-Server 7 is
> defined as integer.

Looks like FreeTDS is passing the value as float to mxODBC.

To debug the mxODBC-driver connection, you'll have to build
a debug version and then run the script with 'python -d'. This
will then produce a file mxODBC.log which has all the communication
details.

Building a debug version is easy:

python setup.py mx_autoconf --enable-debugging install

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
CEO eGenix.com Software GmbH