[DB-SIG] SQLserver and mySQL examples for a newbie

ronny.de_winter@alcatel.be ronny.de_winter@alcatel.be
Mon, 29 Oct 2001 10:08:27 +0100

--------------5BAADFCCF60DFDEDE33F4EA4

"M.-A. Lemburg" wrote:

> You must have admin rights on the machine and install the package
> as admin if you have installed Python in the same way.

I don't have administrator rights, did install python without admin rights.

> > However the final message was: module successfully installed
>
> Please check whether the files are all there in \Python21\mx
> and subdirs. If not, you are having a permission problem. Distutils
> packages install directly into the Python distribution per default
> and depending on how you've installed Python itself, you may
> run into trouble when installing extensions using some other
> user account.

Used the same account. The files are there in \Python21\mx.
Don't understand what was different with MySQLdb, installation looked
similar (in \Python21\MySQLdb) and it works.

Ronny De Winter
--------------5BAADFCCF60DFDEDE33F4EA4

begin:vcard
n:De Winter;Ronny
tel;fax:+ 32 3 451 60 60
tel;work:+ 32 3 450 33 71
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:http://aww.sebb.bel.alcatel.be/~rdwi/
org:BND - DSL Software Group;WD23
adr:;;de Villermonstraat 38;Kontich;;2550;Belgium
version:2.1
email;internet:ronny.de_winter@alcatel.be
title:Process Engineer
fn:Ronny De Winter