Andrew Dalke's space example (was Re: [Csv] csv)

Dave Cole djc at object-craft.com.au
Mon Feb 17 00:35:11 CET 2003

>> PyArg_PTAK gives a more meaningful message if the required type is
>> a single char, for example "argument 2 must be char, not
>> int". However where the required type is int, you get "an integer
>> is required" ... looks like a patch wouldn't go astray.

Andrew> PyArg_PTAK was originally used, but really isn't well suited
Andrew> to what we're trying to do, and ends up raising obscure errors
Andrew> of it's own (or, more to the point, goes subtly wrong without
Andrew> warning the user).

Andrew> Giving the C DialectType a setattr which does the input
Andrew> validation is probably the better answer.

Does that mean that the validation is only on individual attributes,
not on the set of attributes?

- Dave

--
http://www.object-craft.com.au