[Cryptography-dev] Operating System Support

Christian Heimes christian at python.org
Sun Sep 8 17:35:36 CEST 2013

Am 08.09.2013 17:21, schrieb Donald Stufft:
> So I don't think we ever clarified this but what Operating Systems
> are we planning on supporting?
>
> For me I think *nix and Windows should be supported.
>
> The other question is are we ok with some things only working on a
> particular OS? If say we implement bcrypt and the library for that
> doesn't work on Windows (And assuming we support Windows) is that
> Ok?

The definition is too broad. *nix is about anything that is not
Windows. We should also mention supported CPU architectures.

Realistic we could support:

Windows
  Vista, Win 7, Win 8 on X86 and X86_64

Linux
  recent distributions on X86, X86_64 and ARM with GCC or clang.

FreeBSD
  X86 and X86_64

Mac OS X
  X86_64