[C++-sig] Boost python build

David Abrahams dave at boost-consulting.com
Wed Jul 24 18:15:52 CEST 2002

It's the latter. Problems:

1. We don't have a single testcase we can use for py_interface.[ch]pp. Dave
checked in a test which exercises some of that code, and a whole bunch of
other stuff including nested modules, but that functionality got rolled
back and we don't have anything which we can use right now. We need some
focused test cases which check each of the elements supplied by
py_interface.

2. (secondary/minor) The name of the file and the organization are wrong.
Probably this should be called api.[ch]pp, and it should include a bunch of
component files with less functionality in them.

I've been waiting for Dave Hawkes to dig himself out so that he can address
some of the outstanding issues with his stuff. If you'd like to step in,
your contribution would be well appreciated.

-Dave