[core-workflow] Choosing a prefix/label for issue numbers

Senthil Kumaran senthil at uthcode.com
Fri Feb 3 20:32:29 EST 2017

On Fri, Feb 3, 2017 at 5:20 PM, Brett Cannon <brett at python.org> wrote:
> And since we will be creating a new project there will be no pre-existing
> issues to accidentally link to when we push the converted repo.

That's a good news.. Thanks for testing this, Brett. This seems to
apply to both issues and pull requests

I was not worried about issues, since we would be using b.p.o. I was
thinking pull-requests could cause problems, if there was any auto
hyperlink happening.

The choice is still with us. We can rewrite #NNNN to "bpo NNNN" if we want.

+ve: It seems future proof to me.
-ve: Looks a bit ugly when compared to #NNNN

--
Senthil