[Conferences] Establishing a new conference

Chad Cooper chad.cooper at pyarkansas.org
Fri Jul 12 04:25:13 CEST 2013

Jason, SouthernPy sounds like a great idea! As others have stated, no
blessing is needed from the PSF, except for using the Python logo in any
form in your logo IF you use parts of it (like just the snakes). For
pyArkansas, we also ran our t-shirt design past them just to be safe as it
had the Python logo on it as well. The best guide out there that I know of
is the one started by Jesse, from Python import
conference<https://from-python-import-conference.readthedocs.org/en/latest/>.
I put quite a bit of info in there on
pyArkansas<https://from-python-import-conference.readthedocs.org/en/latest/conferences/pyarkansas.html>
(the
further you go into the years, the more info due to our growth). A lot of
your questions are answered in from Python import conference.

HTH

chad