[Conferences] Python conference attendee statistics

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Fri Jul 30 15:38:41 CEST 2010

Giovanni Bajo wrote:
> On 7/12/2010 11:10 AM, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am currently working on a PSF project to create marketing material
>> for Python with the aim of providing this to Python conferences and
>> user groups.
>
> I don't meant to be rude, but what is the point of marketing Python at a
> Python conference, where (given our statistics, at least) almost
> everybody already uses Python?

To give those attending something at hand that they can present
to managers, administration, friends, etc. Think of the attendees
as multipliers.

It's not about marketing Python to the attendees, it's about reaching
out to the people that are not a the conferences.

>> PyCon Italia
>
> In the last 3 years, we got between 300 and 400 attendees. We usually
> ask for 450 items of everything, so that there are always enough spares
> if people ask for them.

Thanks for the information.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Jul 30 2010)

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/