[Compiler-sig] Re: Availability of my peephole optimizer

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Tue, 15 Feb 2000 15:11:09 -0500 (EST)

Skip Montanaro writes:
 > Is Greg Ward or other distutils expert seeing this (how about Greg
 > Stein...)?  If so, would you care to comment on the ability of distutils to
 > handle patches to the core distribution?  Is it worth considering making
 > this stuff available via distutils at this point given that it requires mods
 > to so many files in the core distribution?

  I'd say that it doesn't make sense.  Perhaps there could be two
packages: one for modifications to the core and one for everything
else.  But that only makes sense if "everything else" is usable
without the core changes.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.	  <fdrake at acm.org>