[Chennaipy] [OT][ANN] November meetup | Chennai Ruby User Group | 21 Nov - Poshmark

Abhishek Yadav zerothabhishek at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 03:12:22 EST 2015

Hello friends,

The Chennai Ruby user group is having a meet-up tomorrow at 11am. You are
so very welcome to join us. I think its awesome if Python and Ruby
programmers can get together and learn from each other.

The talk agenda is also light on Ruby this time -

*Speedup Mongo - Gaurav Shah*
Best pratises for mongo, Scale up mongo using sharding, Improve
availability via replica set, Using Mongo Java driver in ruby

*Ecommerce Fraud Detection - Ketan Jain*
Fraud detection via external services - Card blacklisting - Visitor
blacklisting

*How we iterate in Ruby* - *Abhishek Yadav *
The aim is to understand what goes on when we do *.each*, and justify why
we prefer that over a *for*/*while*. Will touch briefly upon blocks and
enumerators too

Here's the meet-up link:
http://www.meetup.com/chennai-ruby/events/226699004/
The venue is *Postmark* office on Poonamalle High Road, very close to the
Egmore station (map
<https://www.google.com/maps/place/13%C2%B004'43.2%22N+80%C2%B015'08.7%22E/@13.078656,80.2480486,16z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x0?hl=en>
).

Thanks and regards,