[Catalog-sig] "python 2 only" classifier

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Fri Dec 16 23:53:49 CET 2011

On 12/16/2011 2:13 PM, Stefan Krah wrote:

>>> Please do critique:
>>> http://python3wos.appspot.com/
>
> I don't think this site is very useful in its current form.

I think in its current form it is a net negative. From time to time,
Python 2 package developers have shown up on pydev list and expressed
their resentment at being 'pressured' to convert yesterday. It makes it
hard to have a conversation.

I always wondered what they were talking about. Core developers have
mostly tried to avoid resentment-inducing pressure. At least now I know
one source of the blowback, even if it is misdirected.

--
Terry Jan Reedy