[Catalog-sig] "python 2 only" classifier

Stefan Krah stefan-usenet at bytereef.org
Fri Dec 16 20:13:30 CET 2011

[Not replying to Chris, I don't have the previous mail]

Chris McDonough <chrism at plope.com> wrote:
> > I added both features (python2only and py3equivalents). It took a lot
> > longer than I expected and cost $0.10 of GAE quotas...
> >

> > Please do critique:
> >

> > http://python3wos.appspot.com/

I don't think this site is very useful in its current form. I immediately
found two false positives:

1) ordereddict is part of:

http://docs.python.org/dev/library/collections.html#collections.OrderedDict

2) pylint supports Python3 (from their README):

"2to3 is integrated into the distutils installation process and will be run as a
 build step when invoked by the python3 interpreter:

  NO_SETUPTOOLS=1 python3 setup.py install --no-compile"

Also, the site would look a lot greener if there were just two rows for
all zope.* and plone.* packages.

Stefan Krah