[Catalog-sig] Setting up the Reply-To field in mailman

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Mon Jan 18 23:55:14 CET 2010

Tarek Ziadé <ziade.tarek at gmail.com> writes:

> Could we set the "Reply-To" field to the email of the mailing-list ?

Please, no munging of the reply-to field
<URL:http://woozle.org/~neale/papers/reply-to-still-harmful.html>.

> This is quite useful to avoid long CC lists and to avoid forgetting to
> CC the mailing-list

To avoid those problems, use (or, if it doesn't yet exist, lobby for)
the “Reply to list” feature in your mail client. It will do the right
thing on a mailing list, thanks to the RFC 2369 fields in every message
from the list.

--
 \      “I wish a robot would get elected president. That way, when he |
  `\    came to town, we could all take a shot at him and not feel too |