[Catalog-sig] Does package_releases() always return all version numbers?

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sat Oct 4 19:02:12 CEST 2008

>> If you compare the code and the wiki page, please feel free to make
>> any necessary corrections to the wiki.
> Done.

Thanks!

> I'm still left with the feeling, though, that this function
> is a good example for a mismatch in its intent as expressed
> in the function name, "get package releases" (note the plural
> form), and the default value for its "show_hidden" parameter
> (False).

There is a lot discussion on the "hidden" feature of PyPI.
Even if you set show_hidden to False, you may still get multiple
packages, if there are multiple non-hidden ones - it's not
required that all releases are hidden but one.

As a package owner, you have a Hide? drop-down for each release,
which you can set as you wish.

I've rephrased the wiki, but it's probably possible to use better
words to describe this flag.

>> https://svn.python.org/packages/trunk/pypi/rpc.py
>
> In fact, this, too, would benefit from a couple of docstrings.

Certainly. Much of it is a shallow wrapper around a store.py
routine; those do have docstrings.