[Catalog-sig] Does package_releases() always return all version numbers?

Dinu Gherman gherman at darwin.in-berlin.de
Sat Oct 4 18:46:22 CEST 2008

Martin v. Löwis:

>> The only documentation I found
>> is listed here (and this does not mention the second parameter):
>>
>>  http://wiki.python.org/moin/PyPiXmlRpc
>
> If you compare the code and the wiki page, please feel free to make
> any necessary corrections to the wiki.

Done.

I'm still left with the feeling, though, that this function
is a good example for a mismatch in its intent as expressed
in the function name, "get package releases" (note the plural
form), and the default value for its "show_hidden" parameter
(False).

> It's possible by inspecting the code; in the specific case, in
>
> https://svn.python.org/packages/trunk/pypi/rpc.py

In fact, this, too, would benefit from a couple of docstrings.

Regards,

Dinu