[Baypiggies] Motion | Andrew to speak on Scientific computing?

Glen Jarvis glen at glenjarvis.com
Mon Oct 12 18:09:42 CEST 2009

It seems we have both a very eager presenter and some interest in this whole
scientific talk theme. I know of at least two people were were interested in
such a talk.

And, Andrew has graciously volunteered to give such a talk around
Thanksgiving. Since he was an author of Biopython, he certainly has
knowledge for what is needed.

I don't know if this is enough interest for us to have a talk, but it's at
least enough I can throw this out there and see what sticks. Here is the
email Andrew originally posted:

> For what it's worth, I'll be in the Bay Area around Thanksgiving and could
give my EuroSciPy 2008 talk
> "Python Tools in Computational Chemistry (and Biology)". Slides at
>
> http://www.euroscipy.org/download/2008/euroscipy2008_dalke_chemistry.pdf
>
> What's the status of the BayPIGgies meeting for November, given that the
4th Thursday is Thanksgiving?

>                               Andrew
>                               dalke at dalkescientific.com
I get the feeling that most people are more interested in this on a higher
level and don't want to dig into so many details. But, I could be wrong on
that too. (And, I don't see *how* to have this talk without getting into the
details).

Is there more interest? Jim, do you already have something else lined up?

Cheers,

Glen