[Baypiggies] I can't do presentation tonight

Dennis Reinhardt DennisR at dair.com
Thu Jan 11 22:18:54 CET 2007

At 12:37 PM 1/11/2007, Donna M. Snow wrote:
>... there is no way I
>can make it tonight.

Donna,

I am sorry that you cannot make it tonight.  I hope you get treatment which
relieves the pain.

All,

Unless there are better ideas emerging in the next few hours, I think the
default schedule for tonight is an unstructured meet and greet.  Perhaps
someone will have a compelling audience-type agenda item but for now the
default is no program.

If we do that, I would like to propose that mapping/random be dropped as
well.  If anyone has an announcement to make, make it here on the mailing
list before the meeting so that people who want to make personal contact
can do so at the meeting.

IMO, using the microphone to make announcements over individual
conversations is ineffective and disruptive.  The same goes for breaking up
conversations in progress simply to have an announcement session.

See you tonight, Dennis