[BangPypers] [commercial] python/django training

kaushik kalyanaraman dialkforkaushik at gmail.com
Sun May 15 19:13:09 CEST 2011

On Sun, May 15, 2011 at 11:31 AM, Santosh Rajan <santrajan at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have been reading this thread with interest, and I think this whole thread
> is degenerating into a level of immaturity.

<snip>
> This is not about PAID or FREE. If you can train someone, for FREE for 3
> months, FULL TIME, to become a productive software engineer, that would be
> FANTASTIC.
I have never posted to this list before although I have been around
almost since its inception. I have had to make an exception to agree
with the above. Some of the posts in this thread suggest either
trolling or, pardon me, ignorant noobs.

IMHO, and with the caveat that I am not a software engineer, I
_believe_ that anything that is _gratis_ is not quite likely to work
well and will generally be of questionable quality; however, if it is
not, it shall almost certainly be an exception.

I have no idea who Kenneth is other than through his posts that I have
read in close to a dozen communities for nearly half a decade (some of
which I am no longer part of). Also, unfortunately, I have no
knowledge of Django and/or how it is used in software industry.
However, given my impression, if he is offering such a course, and if
I had a choice, I would rather shell out the 25 K. Again I am not well
informed but if as Kenneth claims (and not in jest) that a month's
(gross/net ?) pay is likely to be higher than the cost of his
offering, then it becomes even more prudent to go with him rather than
someone offering a freebie but is otherwise rather unversed.

-kk

--
To know that we know what we know, and that we do not know what we do
not know, that is true knowledge.