[BangPypers] [commercial] python/django training

Santosh Rajan santrajan at gmail.com
Sun May 15 18:31:22 CEST 2011

I have been reading this thread with interest, and I think this whole thread
is degenerating into a level of immaturity.

>From my experience in software engg, in the last 30 years, I have learned
that it takes me at least 3 months (this is only an average figure), to
train someone, into start becoming productive in any given language.

This is not about PAID or FREE. If you can train someone, for FREE for 3
months, FULL TIME, to become a productive software engineer, that would be
FANTASTIC.

But in my last thirty years, I have not been able to see anyone who could do
that!

You can argue till the cows come home about 2 day seminars etc, but there,
everything depends on individual capacity and ability of that person to take
things from there.

On Sun, May 15, 2011 at 5:17 PM, vikas ruhil <vikasruhil06 at gmail.com> wrote:

> @Ramdas why not? a the average freebie seeker will
> never see the value of your efforts? nothing  like that? someone really
> interested in learning stuff  surely give value to instructor!
> don't forget power of open-source , django is also open-source if some one
> patent this one then really django is that much popular ?
> so please contribute !! money matter's but sometime attitude ,enthusiasm
> matter >.........it lead to teach INDIA , i really appreciate
> India moves forword then only India can compete USA in technology ??? so
> need more guys do it ...........
>
> On Sun, May 15, 2011 at 4:57 PM, Ramdas S <ramdaz at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Sun, May 15, 2011 at 3:00 PM, srinivasa rao <
> srinivasaenergy at gmail.com
> > >wrote:
> >
> > > hi
> > > I have 5 years exp using Python/Django  i want to give free training to
> > all
> > > please contact
> > >

> > Srinivas,
> >
> > I appreciate your enthusiasm. But a word of caution. Moment you start
> > giving
> > away a service free, it's value go down, and the average freebie seeker
> > will
> > never see the value of your efforts. Charge something even if it's Rs
> 100.
> >
> >  It's not the same as dropping your code for others to learn, cntribute
> and
> > use, which is how the free and open source community work. The value of
> > your
> > source code go up manyfold, as more people use, fix bugs and create a
> > better
> > platform.
> >
> > If you want to offer training free, do it for a community that deserves.
> Go
> > to engineering colleges or schools, and organize a workshop or two,
> create
> > few pythonistas there.
> >
> > Ramdas

http://about.me/santosh.rajan

“The *young man* knows the rules but the *old man* knows the
exceptions”. *Oliver
Wendell Holmes*