[BangPypers] GUI framework in Python...

Pradeep Gowda pradeep at btbytes.com
Tue Sep 30 14:32:26 CEST 2008

On Sep 30, 2008, at 4:49 AM, Vishal wrote:

> Hi,
> Sometime back, I came across the idea of bundling a basic webserver
> in a python application and using a browser window as the GUI host.
> That's probably one of the most universal kind of GUI framework
> possible...though it might not have all that native GUI packages
> provide.

Won't Adobe Air provide all this and a kick ass GUI at the same?
If all you want is a light weight gui that works across browsers has
an embedded HTML rendering engine (webkit), you don't have to look
beyond AIR.
Well, of course this isn't Python, but, that should not come in
between the developer and a good solution..

+PG

Pradeep Kishore Gowda
http://pradeepgowda.com