[AstroPy] Transit light curve functions

Ian Crossfield ianc at ucla.edu
Fri Apr 22 14:41:45 EDT 2011

Being unable to find a Python compilation of the analytic transit light
curve formulae from Mandel & Agol (2002), I have created one myself,
documented here: http://astro.ucla.edu/~ianc/python/transit.html .  It
contains expressions for all cases treated in the original paper:
uniform-disk, quadratic limb-darkening, full (4-parameter)
limb-darkening, and the quick, small-planet approximation.

Written in Python, these routines are a factor of 5-10 slower than the
corresponding IDL versions, and perhaps slower still than an
implementation in Fortran (as available from Eric Agol's website:
http://www.astro.washington.edu/users/agol/ ).  Nonetheless, I hope that
someone may find them useful.  If you do, please feel free to use them
or adapt them to suit your own needs.

And as always, if you find a bug please let me know.

--
Ian Crossfield
UCLA Astronomy