[python-advocacy] How programming language webpages should be designed

Michael Tobis mtobis at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 17:28:47 CET 2009

On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 7:32 AM, Jason Baker <amnorvend at gmail.com> wrote:

>  1. We have an example on the front page that works in both Python 2
> and Python 3.  This is a tall order, but we are talking about the
> front page of python.org here.

It's not THAT tall of an order. As I understand it Beazley's new
edition of Essential Python (don't have my copy yet) has a section on
how to write such ambidextrous code. Other than only passing one
string to "print" at a time (not that big a constraint in practice;
you simply concatenate strings with "+" rather than "," and wrap
non-stings in str()) that doesn't touch elementary aspects of the
language much.

mt