[Python Wpg] Introduction and request

Juan Germano jigermano at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 14:36:48 EDT 2015

Hello list,

I'm a software developer currently living in Buenos Aires, and I've
recently joined this list because, if everything goes according to plan,
will be moving to Winnipeg some months from now, so I wanted to get a sense
of the Python "scene".

I have been going thought job postings in the usual sites, and it seemed to
me that Python is not a popular choice as a main technology in companies
there. Actually, it seems there isn't a single position open for a Python
developer.

Stuart Williams, who I assume is one of the list moderators, was kind
enough to send me a few lines where he's shared his views regarding my
impressions, indicating that job posting sites are not as good indication
of the job market in Winnipeg (I will assume for Python or otherwise) as it
is for other cities, and suggested there are indeed some companies using
Python.

So, if you could share, for instance, a few company names where Python is
used, ideally extensively, I would very much appreciate it.

Incidentally, I will be visiting Winnipeg in a few weeks (from May 22nd to
June 8th), so if anyone is free for a coffee or something at some point,
that'd be great (my treat, of course).

As a final note, I did read the warning about job recruiters using the
list. Although I am not one of them, I do apologize if you think my email
falls into an inappropriate use of the list.

Cheers,

--
Juan Germano