[Python Wpg] Meeting topic?

Sydney Weidman syd at plug.ca
Mon Mar 17 18:11:30 EDT 2008

The upcoming python meeting is going to be held on Mar 26th at 7:30 PM
at Room 3M58 at the University of Winnipeg. We haven't yet got any
presenters lined up. Are there any volunteers out there? I won't be able
to present anything because I'm going to be away from Mar 20 - 25.

As a reminder (some of these have been covered already, of course) here
are the topics listed on http://winnipug.ca:

 * Visual Python
 * Zope and Plone
 * replacing shell scripts
 * scientific computing
 * Python for system administrators
 * MS-Windows automation with Python
 * IDE's such as LEO, PyDev (Eclipse), Stani's Python Editor
 * quick intro to Python for programmers
 * Web framework like [http://www.djangoproject.com/ Django] or
[http://www.turbogears.org TurboGears]
 * GUI framework like [http://www.async.com.br/projects/kiwi/ Kiwi]
 * Python for Java programmers
 * Python bake-off: python vs. other languages head to head
 * Python's potential in the enterprise
 * Basic tutorial on Python
 * Batteries included: A tour of the python libraries
 * Distributing python programs using setuptools
 * Extending Python with C
 * Test-driven design and development with Python
 * Python in Ubuntu
 * IronPython, .NET, and Context Menus

- syd