[Python Wpg] Meeting tonight

Sydney Weidman syd at plug.ca
Wed Sep 26 12:08:24 EDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-26-09 at 10:32 -0500, Scott Balneaves wrote:
> Sydney Weidman wrote:
>
> >  - everyone will have to endure having their knapsacks etc. searched by
> > security.
>
> I won't endure that.  I'm not a criminal, and refuse to be treated as
> such.  If that's the ground rules for tonight, then I'll take a pass.
>
> Scott

Wait a sec -- I've seen your picture at the post office! You're that
Ubuntu rebel, aren't you? Boy, is Microsoft ever ticked off at you! :-)

Seriously, though, many have complained that the administration's entire
response has been a gigantic overreaction and that it is being used as
an excuse to create a "closed, authoritarian environment". You're
certainly not alone in your opinion. I don't blame anyone for refusing
to show up under these conditions. We've been told that the bag checks
are a temporary measure and will not continue for very much longer,
perhaps only for today and tomorrow. Sadly, the checks are being
conducted on the night that we agreed to meet.

I didn't mean to imply that I approved of or agreed with the measures
taken, only to inform people of a situation which is, at this point
unfortunately, well beyond my control.

Cheers,
Syd