[Python Wpg] Testing for Python version

Jason Hildebrand jason at peaceworks.ca
Tue Oct 16 12:55:48 EDT 2007

Hi Syd,

Why not simply check for the feature(s) you need?  I have seen lots of python code which takes this approach.  For example:

 def _test(verbose)
     if hasattr(doctest, 'ELLIPSIS'):
         doctest.testmod(verbose=verbose,optionflags=doctest.ELLIPSIS)
     else:
         doctest.testmod(verbose=verbose)

peace,
Jason

--
Jason Hildebrand
PeaceWorks Computer Consulting
#2 - 396 Assiniboine Ave, Winnipeg
204 480 0314   --or--   519 725 7875, ext 620.