[Python Wpg] Last meeting, next meeting, and March tutorial idea

Stuart Williams stuartw at mts.net
Thu Feb 1 22:57:01 EST 2007

Despite the website wiki at http://winnipug.ca not always being
up-to-date, we are meeting regularly.  In January I presented some
ugly and beautiful code as discussed.  I'll post some next.

In February Scott is planning to present, as discussed in November, on
development with Glade, right Scott?  Feel free to give me a better
title, or correct me, or edit the wiki yourself.

We had some discussion about making the March meeting a 2-hour Python
primer or Introduction to Python session targeted at folks who are new
or potential future Python programmers.  Someone mentioned that April
might be too late in the year for this to work well.

With respect to who would do the tutorial, I'm willing to organize it
but would like some others to help.

We talked about the possibility of Syd having his Django (right?)
presentation, originally scheduled for March but moved to April, ready
hiding up his sleeve at the March tutorial meeting in case the turnout
for the tutorial is low.

Are there other relevant discussion points I've forgotten?

Does March sound good for a tutorial?  How much interest would there
be from folks on this list or others they might invite?  Are some of
you willing to do some publicity?

Stuart.