[Python Wpg] Last nights meeting

Jason Hildebrand jason at peaceworks.ca
Thu Mar 23 19:03:27 EST 2006

On Thu, 2006-03-23 at 17:01 -0600, Mike Pfaiffer wrote:
>  The first was publicity in the Newsgroups. I was thinking it might be a good
> idea to have an auto-post of upcoming meetings roughly a week or so before
> the meeting. I suggest wpg.general, man.general, winnipeg.general, and the
> various local help groups. I don't have enough knowlege to create an
> autoposter myself. Perhaps it might be an interesting presentation if someone
> could write one in Python.

FWIW, it doesn't look too difficult to post news from python; there's an
example at: http://www.python.org/doc/lib/module-nntplib.html

Though this would be cool, I actually wonder whether having it "auto"
posted saves much effort as compared to someone manually cross-posting a
message to all those groups, including the topic to be
discussed/presented and the meeting location. <shrug>

peace,
Jason

--
Jason D. Hildebrand