[Python Wpg] [Fwd: [Trac] ANN: Installing Trac at WebFaction]

syd at plug.ca syd at plug.ca
Wed Jun 21 21:24:41 EDT 2006

Maybe we could set up Trac and Subversion for our sprint with these folks?

- Syd

Subject: [Trac] ANN: Installing Trac at WebFaction
From:    "Remi Delon" <remi at cherrypy.org>
Date:    Wed, June 21, 2006 5:50 pm
To:      trac at lists.edgewall.com

Hello everyone,

WebFaction (formerly Python-Hosting.com) have released a screencast demo
of  their control panel.
The 6 minute demo shows how you can setup a Rails, WordPress, Django and
TurboGears application in a few clicks.

Even though Trac itself is not shown in the demo, setting up a
Trac/Subversion site is just as simple as setting up the other
applications  (and getting HTTPS support is just an extra click).

The one-click installer already supports all major tools, including Rails,
 WordPress, Django, TurboGears, Plone, Trac and Subversion, but also
lightweight tools such as static HTML, CGI or PHP.

The demo is available at: http://blog.webfaction.com/control-panel-demo

We're planning on making another demo showing how to install Trac and
Subversion with HTTPS support in just a few clicks.

Remi.
http://www.webfaction.com  - Hosting for an agile web

PS: We offer free Trac/Svn hosting for open-source python projects (we
already host more than 200 of them).

PPS: This announcement is also on Digg so if you like the screencast and
you've got a digg account feel free to vote for the story :)
http://digg.com/programming/Setup_a_Rails,_Wordpress,Django_and_TurboGears_site_in_1min37_and_12_clicks