[Python Wpg] Hello

Stuart Williams stuartw at mts.net
Thu Aug 31 10:50:22 EDT 2006

Welcome Richard,

And welcome to the several others who have joined in the past few
weeks.  Feel free to introduce yourselves if you wish.  This goes for
long-time members, too.

We are now up to 22 members on the list!  I'm excited about the
increased energy there will likely be at meetings this fall.

Here's my introduction.  I'm a computer scientist and consultant.  I
started this group last December.  I taught Introduction to Computer
Science at Canadian Mennonite University using Python for the past two
years.  I also ran their summer camp for high school students with
Python.  I've worked alone and with others on several medium-sized
projects in Python.  Most recently I started a new job doing systems
integration work in a large complex environment that at first glance
seems ripe for the kind of glue code that Python does so well.  My
favourite aspect of Python is that it gives you enough rope to hang
yourself.

Stuart.