[Python Wpg] Python newbie!

Scott Balneaves sbalneav at legalaid.mb.ca
Wed Apr 12 16:17:45 EDT 2006

Hello to all!

After receiving a gracious invitation from Stuart to join, here I am.

I'm fairly new to Python, having only spent about 3 or 4 months
semi-activly dabbling with it.  I've got the following books already:

Learning Python         -\
Python Cookbook           \
Programming Python         >---  O'Really?
The Twisted Framework     /
Python In A Nutshell    -/

Python Network Programming (some lesser book company)

Learning anything's always an excuse to buy more books, right?

My immediate question is the following:

#@+others
#@+node:imports

I think this is called "decoration", but I've yet to find an
understandable (to me, anyway) explaination as to what they are.

Help a poor (hopefully ex in a while) C programmer out with a clue?

Scott

--
Scott L. Balneaves | "Looking beyond the embers of bridges glowing behind us
Systems Department |  To a glimpse of how green it was on the other side..."