[Python Wpg] topics i forgot to mention

Phil Mendelsohn phil at rephil.org
Wed Dec 21 00:08:51 EST 2005

Dave Gabrielson said:
>(Syd said)
>> 2. Python IDEs - Boa, Stani's Python Editor, Eclipse Python Plug-In
>> (never
>> gotten this to work, but i hear it does) (could be combined with #1 as
>> "what tools are you using?")
>
> Personally I use anything that supports syntax highlighting. I used to use
> IDLE, way back in the day... I don't know if that's even being shipped
> anymore.

I'm not an Emacs fanatic, but that's where I live, mostly.  That pretty
well takes care of anything like code display, syntax highlighting, and
tagging things.

My main interest is in coordinating editing and compilation.  From this
stand point, an IDE makes little sense for an interpreted language --
that's one of the whole points of Python (to me -- of course everyone gets
their own thing out of it.)

> (I can do this for over an hour when I'm busy
> procrastinating).

Funny -- I can do this _later_ for over an hour when I'm busy
procrastinating!

> http://www.gabrielson.ca/~/dave/python/
                  delete----^

PhilM

--
Dept. of Mathematics, 342 Machray Hall
U. of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada R3T 2N2