[Wheel-builders] Building Kivy for manylinux1

Michael Sarahan msarahan at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 11:53:26 EDT 2018

Take a look at https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0571/

There's also conda-build, which is currently targeting CentOS 6 for the
ecosystem.  Full disclosure: I work for Anaconda, and I'm the maintainer of
conda-build.  I know that there has been some effort toward's Kivy's
dependencies (SDL2 and such) on conda-forge, which is the largest community
effort on conda packaging.  https://conda-forge.org/ and
https://github.com/conda-forge/staged-recipes/search?q=sdl2&type=Issues&utf8=%E2%9C%93

FWIW, many vendors do not fully adhere to the manylinux1 standard, so if
you released noncompliant wheels, you at least would be in good company.
It is better to stick to it, but it really isn't always feasible or easy.