[Wheel-builders] Test Markdown support in READMEs

Sumana Harihareswara sh at changeset.nyc
Fri Mar 16 14:43:02 EDT 2018

Dustin Ingram writes:
https://dustingram.com/articles/2018/03/16/markdown-descriptions-on-pypi

> Finally!
>
> I’m really excited to say that as of today, PyPI supports rendering project descriptions from Markdown! This has been a oft-requested feature and after lots of work (including the creation of PEP 566) it is now possible, without translating Markdown to rST or any other hacks!

> Here are the steps necessary to make a new release with a Markdown description of your project...

We'd love to get your help testing this -- please try it and comment
here on wheel-builders or in
https://github.com/pypa/warehouse/issues/869 if you see any problems.

And there's an open issue https://github.com/pypa/wheel/issues/231 about
DESCRIPTION.rst in wheels, in case any of you can weigh in there!

--
Sumana Harihareswara
Changeset Consulting