[Wheel-builders] BLAS/LAPACK for manylinux1 wheels

Carl Kleffner cmkleffner at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 04:44:59 EST 2016

Concerning OpenBLAS: as there is a lot of ongoing work at OpenBLAS develop
I think it is worth to discuss https://github.com/xianyi/OpenBLAS
/issues/783#issuecomment-190457525 and
https://github.com/numpy/numpy/issues/5479#issuecomment-184472378 and
potentially other bugs with in a seperate OpenBLAS issue with the OpenBLAS
developers.

OpenBLAS is the most promising free and optimized implementation today.

ATLAS *may *be used in future for 32bit, as OpenBLAS won't get new
assembler kernels for x86 (32bit Intel) anymore (@wernsaar, priv. comm.).
For 64bit architectures the picture is different. It would be unfortunate
to refuse OpenBLAS due to this.

Carl