[Wheel-builders] Manylinux, OSX wheel building framework for travis-ci

Philippe Ombredanne pombredanne at nexb.com
Fri Aug 12 08:06:02 EDT 2016

A while back, Matthew Brett wrote:
> I've been experimenting with a submodule to support building and
> testing OSX and manylinux wheels from the same repository, using
> travis-ci.
> The README explains the idea :
> https://github.com/matthew-brett/multibuild#utilities-for-building-on-travis-ci-with-osx-and-linux

Very nice. I will for sure steal code from you!
I am for now playing with a simple (and drafty) build loop using
appveyor for windows and travis for linux/mac.
And I publish the wheels on bintray. https://github.com/pombreda/thirdparty
The scripts and .travis/appveryor yaml are crappily organized but works.
I have not yet incorporated Olivier Grisel's and team manylinux but
this is the next step as I selfishly need wheels for Linux/Mac/Windows
for my scancode-toolkit.
And eventually will build other pure natives like libarchive and 7z
for all these OSes there too (including some that need cygwin or mingw
to build on Windows)
And then I will need to ensure that the bintray has at least a
Pypi-simple layout.
--
Cordially
Philippe Ombredanne