[Types-sig] Interface PEP

Samuele Pedroni Samuele Pedroni <pedroni@inf.ethz.ch>
Mon, 19 Mar 2001 15:59:23 +0100 (MET)

> Hi.
>
> > Samuele Pedroni wrote:

> > > My opinion was that checking for interfaces should simply check
> isImplementedBy,
> > >  why:
> > > - because it makes sense for the interface philosophy (which OTOH
> > >   has little to do with python plain old way-of-life).
> >
> > Okay, we can try that and see if anyone screams. I am happy to start out
> > strict and then relax later.
>
> Clearly with interfaces I was referring to Michel Pelletier interfaces,
> y with interfaces I was referring to Michel Pelletier interfaces,
> not to Mapping, Sequences, file-like obj expected by the lib
> which them we *must* be loose ;).
A readable version:
Clearly with interfaces I was referring to Michel Pelletier interfaces,
not to Mapping, Sequences, file-like obj expected by the std lib
with them we *must* be loose ;).
So for the moment given that we do not have an implementation for Michel
Pelletier interfaces nobody should scream.
On the other hand I see that we have a problem with C Extensions and
things they produce: how do you hav defined IMatch? I imagine
it should deal with the results of both sre and old re and isImplementedBy
cannot do the job ;).

regards.