[Types-sig] Interface PEP

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Tue, 13 Mar 2001 13:02:22 -0800 (PST)

Hi folks,

Before I release this more broadly, I'd like a few of you to take a look
at it for any obvious error.

http://www.zope.org/Members/michel/InterfacesPEP/PEP.txt

I will be posting it to the python lists and soliciting a PEP number later
this week.  I just wanted to drop this here to see what y'all thought.

I intentionally left out any part of the proposal that satified my
previous "Interfaces can do type checking" assertion.  I still belive they
can, but it would require a lot more thought about Python types and
checking in general, and such an extension could be added at a later date
to this PEP.

As an aside, this might be the first PEP that proposes an extention to
python that describes that extension with the extension it proposes.  ;)

Thanks,

-Michel