[Tutor] RollDieDynamic

Dennis Lee Bieber wlfraed at ix.netcom.com
Tue May 23 09:00:44 EDT 2023

On Tue, 23 May 2023 12:18:13 +0100, Alan Gauld via Tutor <tutor at python.org>
declaimed the following:

>Sent from my iPad
>
>> On 22 May 2023, at 19:18, Michael Reubel <blackdymondzinc at gmail.com> wrote:
>>  - Extracted the zip files under Desktop.
>>   -  Found out that my zip file was stored in my OneDrive.
>>   - I then proceeded to use cd Onedrive.
>>   - Typed cd Desktop
>
>I’m not sure what you thought that did, but you basically moved into OneDrive then back out again.

	No, they didn't... "Desktop" is one of the directories that gets linked
into OneDrive (along with "Documents", "Photos", and a slew of other
predefined Windows directories).

>>   - cd IntroToPythonMaster (that is how it is titled in my system).
>
>Do you have such a directory on your Desktop?
>
>>   -  cd examples and i get a message that reads the system cannot find the
>>   path specified.

	That whole sequence should be the equivalent of:

cd OneDrive\Desktop\IntroToPythonMaster\examples

and should (due to the link in OneDrive) be equivalent to

cd Desktop\IntroToPythonMaster\examples

{That is, there should be -- if the OP is correct in the sequence -- an
"IntroToPythonMaster" icon showing somewhere on their screen, as Desktop is
where such items are stored}

	It would be much better if the OP were to cut&paste the actual text
from the command shell window showing the sequence (and maybe perform a
"DIR" command at the point the error occurs).

*	SideNote
	OneDrive is evil and should be killed (mine has been -- using group
policy editor [Win10 PRO, not available on HOME]).
	As the name indicates, M$ OneDrive considers the /cloud/ to BE the
primary drive, files are only stored locally for use when the system is not
connected to the internet. It is NOT a "backup" scheme (the backup, as it
were, is the local copy).