[Tutor] cubes library docs are not accurate, first example failing unexpectedly

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jun 8 20:12:06 EDT 2023

On 08/06/2023 20:46, marc nicole wrote:
> Hello to All,
>
> I want to create a cube from csv data file and to perform and aggregation
> on it, the code is below:
>
> from sqlalchemy import create_enginefrom cubes.tutorial.sql import
> create_table_from_csvfrom cubes import Workspace, Cell, browser

Note that most of that is
a) badly formatted, so it's hard to read, please post in plain text...
b) not from the standard library which is the remit of this list

While you might get lucky and find a cubes user on this list, you
are probably better off asking on a cubes-using forum (such as SciPy?)

> It seems the tutorial is containing some typos.

Much open source software has low quality documentation.
One of the things you pay for with commercial software is the
employment of professional technical authors. If something gets
popular enough some volunteer author(s) may rework the open source
docs. I have no idea what status cubes is at...

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site