[Tutor] Testing a dice roller project

trent shipley trent.shipley at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 15:54:30 EDT 2023

I had only done programming for:

   - class assignments
   - for scratching little itches at work
   - occasional very small work assignments
   - (and a respectable amount of SQL at work, if you count that),

but for the first time I have finished my first draft of a self-motivated
project.  It is only the core logic of a little dice rolling utility
motivated by not finding The Perfect RPG Dice Roller, but I am inordinately
proud of it.  I still need to add a little core functionality, do the
drudgery of testing, and add a command line interface and more testing, an
RPG GUI and its testing, and a scientific GUI and testing for it.

1. What options are available for unit testing Python code?  What are the
pros and cons?
2. Where can I find style guides and pointers for Python documentation?
3. When should I put it on my GitHub account?
4. I *need* feedback and code review.  How do I solicit (or shop and pay
for) feedback?
5. Is there an active list where it would be more appropriate to ask the
many questions I have since they are not absolute beginner questions?
(Lite intermediate_tutor at python.org.)